At My Brother’s Keeper, we truly believe our children are the future, especially in the 21229 communities. From time to time we offer specific programs that are directed towards the youth. These programs are designed to target age groups ranging from eleven – nineteen to help the development of the neighborhood youth. Youth programs hold several benefits for the youth of the 21229 communities that are consistent with these goals:
- Youths will learn how to better interact with their peers through our youth programs. Youths will be able to learn social skills that will allow them to build relationships as they grow older. This can include family relationships, romantic relationships, and work relationships.
- Youths involved in our programs are more likely to perform better within a school setting along with behaving better at home.
- Youths will gain a better sense of self along with an improvement in self-esteem and confidence.
- Programs will give youths the tools they need to make healthier and more positive decisions in their life.
- Youth programs also support an overall healthier, more active lifestyle.
My Brother’s Keeper is as strong as our support. Our youth programs are based on community need as well as the grants available to us at the time. As our staff continues to work towards helping the community, outside help by way of donations and volunteers are always welcome! Become a part of something great and help make MBK where hope finds a home.
To learn more about how to help, or to find out more about our services including youth programs, call MBK today at 410-644-3194.
You can also follow our official MBK page on Google+, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook, to stay up to date on our center’s progress and upcoming events in the community.