It’s no secret that school attendance is important for children as they grow. However, for some families, school attendance can be difficult to achieve. As a child continues to miss classes, it’s easy to forget how important school attendance is. Here are some benefits of school attendance along with tips for parents with grade school children.
School Attendance Benefits
- Being in school every day allows children to improve and gain social skills needed to succeed as they get older.
- School attendance helps children be aware of what is going on in class. This also means they are up to date with their studies.
- School attendance helps children gain an appreciation for learning and education in general. It also helps them prepare for college and jobs in their future.
- Students who have high school attendance are more likely to test higher and achieve more than those who miss school often.
- Talk with your children about their classes. This will help you both to stay engaged with school while also allowing you to determine if your child has any anxiety about school.
- When scheduling appointments, vacations, or any other events, keep your child’s school attendance in mind. Although there are times where time missed is unavoidable, it is important to put forth an effort to keep your child in school.
- Create a schedule with your child for your afternoons and evenings. Set aside time for homework and have a set bedtime for both you and your child. This way, both you will be ready to get up for school every morning.
- Be active in your child’s education. Many teachers encourage parent interaction and welcome any communication a parent wishes to have.
Parents Help with School Attendance
My Brother’s Keeper is as strong as our support. Our school programs are based on community need as well as the donations and volunteer services available. As our staff continues to work towards helping the community, outside help by way of donations and volunteers are always welcome! Become a part of something great and help make MBK where hope finds a home. Learn how we are helping the Beechfield Elementary/Middle School in their quest for high school attendance in our last blog!
To learn more about how to help, or to find out more about our services including our meal programs, call MBK today at 410-644-3194.